Apply As An Instructor
With our platform, we give instructors great flexibility and opportunity. Here’s what that means for you:
Extra income, reach a new audience, widen your business network & design your own classes.
All of this without the hassle of logistics. You just teach – we just do the rest.
If you are interested in working with us you can start by following these steps:
- Read the ‘Instructor’s Agreement’.
- Note the last section at the bottom titled ‘Instructor Confirmation’.
- Fill in your details in the ‘Registration Form’.
- And you’re set! Now you simply wait for our team to reach out to you.
The Instructor’s Agreement was last updated May 2021.
At the beginning of our collaboration, we shall discuss and agree upon the class description and expectations, registration fee as well as the class’s date and time.
The revenue share is split 50/50 with Mavensdotlive. For physical/offline classes, 50/50 is after rental deduction.
When a student signs up for your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Mavensdotlive from the student ("Gross Amount"). From this, we subtract any administrative and handling fee for any online sales, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Referral Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale ("Net Amount").
Mavensdotlive makes all Instructor payments in SGD dollars regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in SGD).
Time and Method of Payment
For local instructors, payment is carried out via online transfer. As for non-local instructors, our method of pay is either via PayPal or Western Union. Mavensdotlive pays instructors on the 15th of every month. Payouts sent on the 15th of each month are for transactions that have occurred in the previous calendar month.
Responsibilities of Instructor
- You are highly encouraged to exhibit examples of your work that previews your class and to provide a brief bio Statement at least two weeks before your class starts.
- You will also provide required materials and tools or give a list of supplies that your students are required to bring prior to your class.
- In addition, you will be expected to provide additional publicity for your class and signing for the Certificate of Completion.
Responsibilities of Mavensdotlive
Rest assured - as you are preparing your class, we will be responsible for:
- Sending of reminders or information to Students
- Preparation of certificates of completion
- Marketing and promotion of classes
- Registration of students
- Collection of fees
- Handling of inquiries
- Collection of feedback
- Logistical arrangements
- Photo and video Coverage
- Assistance when necessary
- You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach the contents of your class.
- You will provide and maintain accurate account information.
- You will deliver classes professionally, respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
- Any content you submit to your Session will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material.
- We reserve the right to cancel sessions, suspend payouts, and/or ban Instructor for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- an Instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Mavensdotlive or bring Mavensdotlive into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an Instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Mavendotlive’'s policies; or
- as determined by Mavensdotlive in its sole discretion.
Mavensdotlive has the rights to set a reasonable mark-up or profit-share as discussed and agreed upon by both parties.
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price ("Base Price") for your course from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free. As a premium instructor, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs under the terms of our Promotions Policy ("Promotional Programs").
If you do not opt to participate in any Promotional Programs, we will list your course for the Base Price or the closest local or mobile app equivalent (as detailed below).
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student's applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Mavens and fixed periodically into a table of corresponding price tiers by currency ("Price Tier Matrix"). Since the Price Tier Matrix is fixed, those conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the Price Tier Matrix at any time.
When a student purchases through a mobile application, the mobile platform provider's pricing matrix will control, and we will choose the price tier closest to the applicable Base Price or Promotional Program price. Because mobile platforms impose their own currency conversion rates, conversions for mobile app prices may not match the conversions in the Price Tier Matrix.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
Consent for use of likeness
With our agreement, you will be granting us permission to use your:
as such may be embodied in any pictures, photos, video recordings, audio recordings, digital images, and the like, taken or made on behalf of Mavensdotlive through publications online and offline.
Trust & Safety
- Relationship to Other Users
- Anti-Piracy Efforts
- Co-Instructor and Instructing Assistant
Instructors don't have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you'll receive about students is what is provided to you through our Service. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on Mavensdotlive’s Service, and that you won't solicit additional personal data or store students' personal data outside the Mavens Service. You will indemnify Mavens against any claims arising from your use of students' personal data.
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Mavensdotlive as your agent for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Mavensdotlive primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
Mavensdotlive allows you to have additional co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in the price setting agreement.
We would be sad to see you cancel classes but unfortunately, the cost of class plannings that are up to B$100 will still be imposed regardless of the time of notice provided. From there, we will try our best to reschedule with you to meet your changes.
On that note, rescheduled classes would be set some time within the 3 months after the original date of class.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the Terms, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you.
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your
- Mavensdotlive courses or your participation on Mavensdotlive; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
Relationship Between Us
This is to clarify that there is no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship that exists between us.
Release and Indemnification
You shall fully indemnify, hold harmless and defend Mavensdotlive and its owners, management, employees and affiliates from and against all claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs), whether or not involving a third party claim, which arise out of or relate to any act or omission of Partner or attendees.
Maintenance of Confidential Information
Each party shall at all times keep confidential and shall ensure that their respective employees, agents, contractors and professional advisers shall keep confidential any confidential information or documents in any form which it or they may acquire in the course of carrying out this agreement and shall not use or disclose such information or documents except with the written consent of the other party or in accordance with the order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
If you have breached or we have reason to suspect that you have breached any of the terms set forth in these specific Terms and Conditions, Mavensdotlive is entitled to immediately terminate the collaboration and not be obligated to disclose the reason behind the termination.
Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (e.g. feature updates), and Mavensdotlive reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Service. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.____________________________________________________________________________
This is an agreement between [Instructor/partnering organization’s name] and Mavensdotlive, Block A, First Floor, Unit No. A1.01, Higher Point Complex, Jame ASR Kg Kiulap, BSB, Brunei Darussalam, in becoming Mavendotlive’s Instructor.
By filling in and sending us the registration form, you hereby acknowledge that you have completely read and fully understand the terms and conditions as a Mavensdotlive Instructor and be committed to our partnership in delivering the best learning experience for the participants.